Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter in Ohio

It has been a while since I blogged. I have been really caught up in paperwork and new projects and programs for the website. I have also made a few new projects for my book which Quiltmania is publishing in English and French. Now I am finishing up a quilt for my new book for spring market. During the last few weeks it has been snowy and cold. Really good weather to snuggle up at home. I have not been traveling to teach but have had a couple of my classes here at home. We are working on a new project with more piecing with special attention to embellishment. Each month we learn a new stitch and then challenge each other to use it in a unique way. It is such fun to see what each student comes up with. It is amazing to me how much fun you can have with a few unique threads, ribbons and beads. Here is another wonderful way to embellish a printer fabric. This touches make each piece uniquely yours. I am so looking forward to traveling and teaching in 2010 as I feel I have so much to share and love to see the creative pieces my students produce. Keep Stitching Sue

7 comments:

  1. So looking forward to the NEORQ class in Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited about your new book! Thanks for sharing beautiful stitched inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and I'm pretty excited. These embellished pictures look great - I need to have more patience to sit still and work on hand-sewing projects like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have not gotten any snow lately, just cold. Good time to sit inside and work on projects. I love the use of beads in the pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrrrrrrr. Looks really cold and a good day for stitching.. Love your work and look forward to seeing you at Midwest Prim this summer. Embellishing fabric just gives it surprise and depth.. Do you use a beading needle? Maybe I should take your class?? New to blogging but enjoying it so much, I have gotten your newsletter for awhile and love reading about your adventures all over the world. You are a wonderful artist..
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, looks like Montana, our animals are just a litle bigger, anyway, I so wish you would write a book on just embelishing stitches, not the plain crazy quilt kind, your out of the box stitches. I love the red with the bead on the end. So cool. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your embellishments! Just the inspiration that I need to do some myself! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete